Wild & Free

 

My childhood self.

By LN Alberts

Hair dancing in the summer breeze,

a solitary figure among the trees.

Deep-set eyes fixed on me,

her expression, fierce and keen.

From the top of a sand-coated hill,

she beckons softly, testing my will.


A soul let fly, now wild and free,

it's wisps of memory taunting me.

Her lightning gaze calls me near,

promising adventure without fear.

I close my eyes, shield my mind,

as her alluring thoughts intertwined

with the desire of my heart

to join her, so high upon the rampart.


Once we were one, in youth,

but now I fight her burning truth.

Those days of unrequited energy,

that unending burst of internal synergy,

has long dissolved into the past

my youthful soul fading so fast.

Someday, she and I will rejoin again,

when freedom returns, in the end.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Noble Little King

2,555 Nights